How to Apply
Welcome applicants! We are now accepting applications for four new PGY2 positions for the 2013-2014 academic year, in addition to the 8 residents we currently have. All applications must be submitted via email at Harlemresidency@institute2000.org. No paper applications will be accepted.
The Residency Program Director and a Resident Selection Committee composed of faculty and current residents review all applications. Of particular interest to our program are demonstration of an understanding of the principles of family practice and commitment to working with urban underserved communities. Please note that your application must be screened by residents and faculty before an interview invitation may be extended.
Completion of an ACGME accredited internship in Family Medicine. Will consider transfers from ACGME accredited programs in OB/GYN, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine.
Interested candidates should email the following (No phone calls please):
1. Cover letter explaining your interest in Family Medicine.
2. Curriculum Vitae.
3. A minimum of three letters of recommendation.
4. Letter from your current residency director that is a summative evaluation of your performance, and a completed rotation list with dates.
5. Personal statement.
6. MSPE or Dean’s Letter.
7. USMLE transcript.
8. Official medical school transcript and diploma.
9. Recent photograph.
10. In-training exam results, if available.
No phone calls. Applicants will be notified of an interview.